How to turn your blog into a full-time job this year
Introduction on how to become a full-time blogger this year
If you are wondering how to become a full-time blogger this year you are in the right place.
Maybe you’ve been blogging for a while and haven’t monetized your blog yet. Or perhaps you’ve been trying for months and are not getting anywhere.
Well, today we are going to learn how you can turn your blog into a full-time time job so that you can quit your soul-sucking 9-5 job.
Why do you want to be a full-time blogger?
Is it because:
- You a stay-at-home mom who wants to earn an income while taking care of your kids.
- Maybe you love writing and want to express your creativity.
- Or you want to quit your job and become your own boss.
- You want to start a business and blogging is the cheapest option. You can also earn passive income and make multiple streams of income.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure page here.
How to become a full-time blogger this year
1. Reprogram your mind
Sure. You believe that you could make money blogging in the beginning. But as time went on and you heard crickets, you stopped believing. You started doubting yourself and your abilities.
And you know what that does? It makes you stop being productive. So you abandon your blog or put forth mediocre work. Which won’t turn your blog into a full-time job.
Being average at something doesn’t yield the best results. Average work leads to average or poor results.
That my friend is one of the reasons why you haven’t turned your side hustle into your main hustle yet.
Work on your mindset. Start believing in yourself again so can make your blog a success. But don’t give up.
2. Revisit your why
When you started your blog you figured out why right? If you haven’t yet, answer the following questions.
Why do you deserve your dream?
What will be different when you get it? Really think about these questions and answer them honestly.
It will carry you through the difficult times that will come. Commit 100% to your blog.
At times you won’t feel like creating content or learning new ways to grow your blog. Push past this feeling. Acknowledge it then do the work anyway. Your goals are more important than your feelings.
3.Find your target audience
When you start blogging it’s a bit difficult to know who your target audience is. But when you’ve been blogging for a while it should become clearer.
Who is your audience? What is their biggest problem? How do you plan on helping them? Can you relate to them?
Find their problem and provide a solution. Readers need your help with something.
4. Write quality content
Great content is king. You can have a beautiful site but if your content sucks no one will read your blog. Write posts that people want to read and share.
Your pillar posts should be in-depth, helpful, and have long content. It should be super informative and solve your readers’ most pressing problem.
You should also interlink all your pillar posts to other blog posts. Pillar posts are your longest posts, usually around 4000 words long. Any number above 1000 words is fine as long as it is helpful information and not just a bunch of fluff. 1500+ words will also give you lots of love from Google SEO.
Decide what to write about
Always make sure you have a bunch of blog post headline ideas. So that you don’t have to start from scratch. Work on your title, because it should catch your reader’s attention immediately.
Remember to include keywords to make sure people would want to click on them but please don’t be clickbaity.
Deliver on what you promised your reader. Because you are trying to build trust here.
Research your topic
I used to be in research mode for days, don’t do that. Research for an hour or so then start writing, using keyword research.
- Ubersuggest is very helpful for long-tail keywords and content ideas.
- BuzzSumo helps you understand which topics receive the most social shares. You get five free searches per day on a website.
- Answer The Public generates questions people have about a keyword
Outline, write and edit your post
Write down your main points then fill in what you want to say. Provide value.
Optimize your post for SEO then give a clear call-to-action.
Break up your post into two to three sentences and add quality images.
Edit, publish and promote.
Be prepared to spend a lot of time on your longer in-depth posts. Because they are very time-consuming.
5. Drive traffic
Sharing your blog post on the following platforms will drive more traffic to your blog. And it will get your blog noticed.
But also building relationships and sharing others’ content is what will ultimately grow your traffic and blog.
Contributing good, high-quality content regularly and helping your audience with their problems will result in a successful blog.
Easy Bluehost Tutorial (Beginners Guide)
10 Main reasons why your blog is not making any money yet
What I’m doing to increase my blog traffic
6. Learn SEO
SEO does not have to be rocket science. It can be as straightforward or as complicated as you want to make it.
- Choose your keyword and your long-tail keywords. Try to pick words that aren’t as difficult to rank for on google.
- Set up your Google Analytics, Google search console, and install the yeast plugin.\
- Use a short URL and use short paragraphs (with pictures) to break up your text.
- Use Headings (H1Tag). It’s the main heading after your title tag.
- Your title tag is the name of your post. Make it epic because it will depend on whether or not someone clicks on it.
- Metadata is a summary of what your post is about
- Add images in your alt text and include internal and external links.
- Fix broken links, make sure your blog is fast and that your audience can view it on mobile and desktop.
How to learn SEO without the overwhelm
7. Monetize your blog
Provide value to your audience. Answer their questions and recommend products that will help solve their problems.
9 Monetization methods to make money Blogging
How to Start a Money–Making Blog in 2021
Different monetization methods
1) Affiliate marketing is where you recommend other people’s products and services in exchange for a commission. Amazon associate is a great place to start.
2) Ads having Google Adsense ads where if people click on it you get paid a small amount per thousand clicks
3) Sponsorships are where brands pay you to write about their products in order to get in front of your audience.
4) Create your own products and get a hundred percent of your earnings. Because it’s your own product you are in complete control of everything. However, it takes a lot of time to create. But it is passive income at its best once it’s done.
5) Freelancing is very cool because you can start making money now by advertising your writing services on your blog and getting clients.
6) Services are almost the same as freelancing, you offer a service like becoming a virtual assistant or managing other bloggers’ social media accounts.
7) Coaching is basically teaching an individual or a group of people about something that you have a lot of knowledge about and is of high value to them.
Conclusion on how to become a full-time blogger this year
That is how you turn your blog into a full-time job this year and quit your 9-5.
If you haven’t started your blog yet, check out my how-to start blog step-by-step guide for more in-depth information.
Everybody’s blogging journey is different so don’t compare yourself to anyone. Work hard and do the best that you can.
Give yourself time to make mistakes. Time to learn and grow.
Remember to stay consistent, disciplined, and motivated. Don’t give up and you will become a full-time blogger.